Aaron M. Olsen
- The State Bar of California
- The United States District Court for the Southern, Central and Northern Districts of California
- 2017 Super Lawyers Rising Star
- 2016 Super Lawyers Rising Star
- 2015 Super Lawyers Rising Star
- San Diego Outstanding Young Attorneys 2011 and 2012 Nominee
- California Innocence Project, Volunteer, 2007
Aaron M. Olsen is a partner in the employment law and complex consumer litigation departments of Haeggquist & Eck.
Aaron has resolved hundreds of individual labor and employment law cases on behalf of employees. He has recovered millions of dollars in damages. Notably, Aaron was on the trial team in a unique associational disability discrimination matter against Kaiser Permanente that resulted in one of the top 50 largest labor and employment verdicts in California in 2017 on TopVerdict.com.
Aaron has served as co-lead counsel prosecuting class action suits, including consumer fraud actions, product defect cases, wage and hour actions, and unfair competition and false advertising claims. He has successfully litigated against major corporations such as Apple, Sony, AT&T and UFC, and served as co-lead counsel on a team that negotiated a $25 million settlement on behalf of students who attended (now U.S. President) Donald Trump’s infamous Trump University.
Aaron is currently local counsel for two groups of immigrant parents and children separated at the Mexican border under the United States government’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy. He is also serving as local counsel in a case seeking to uphold The Information Quality Act to ensure government agencies properly disseminate information about immigrants. Aaron has also dedicated much of his time to charitable organizations throughout San Diego.
Aaron has been selected to the California Super Lawyers List every year since 2015, an accolade given to only a small percent of attorneys in Southern California, and his written work has appeared in the California State Bar Litigation Review and San Diego Lawyer.
Aaron grew up alpine ski racing and competing in downhill mountain bike venues across the country. This competitive drive drew Aaron to triathlons, with him completing his first 140.6-mile Ironman triathlon in 2015. While he continues to enjoy the outdoors, Aaron’s true passion these days is spending time with his wife and two children.
- J.D., California Western School of Law
- Editor-in-chief, California Western School of Law Commentary
- Executive board member, Student Bar Association.
- B.A. in Business Finance, University of Utah
- San Diego Super Lawyers (2015 – 2019)
- San Diego Outstanding Young Attorney (2011 – 2012)
- His written work has appeared in the California State Bar Litigation Review and San Diego Lawyer, and he has served as a volunteer judge for the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce Small Business Awards and the University of San Diego School of Law’s Appellate Moot Court Competition.
- $492,000 trial verdict in disability discrimination case against Kaiser Permanente (ranked among top Top 50 Employment Verdicts in California in 2017)
- $25 million for class members in high-profile consumer fraud litigation against then-presidential contender Donald Trump and Trump University (one of California’s Top 50 Class Action Settlements in 2016)
- Local counsel for two groups of immigrant parents and children separated at the Mexican border under the United States government’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy
- Local counsel in a case seeking to uphold The Information Quality Act to ensure government agencies properly disseminate information about immigrants.
- Nominating Committee and Board of Directors, California Employment Lawyers Association
- Volunteer judge, San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce Small Business Awards
- Volunteer judge, University of San Diego School of Law Appellate Moot Court Competition.
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- California Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- Barrister, William B. Enright Inn of Court (2015 – 2016)
Mr. Olsen appeared as a guest on Channel 7 NBC News and Channel 6 News to provide legal analysis on the sexual harassment allegations against San Diego Mayor Bob Filner: