COVID-19 Employment Resource Center in San Diego
Haeggquist & Eck, LLP Can Guide You through This Turbulent Time
The outbreak of a new strain of coronavirus commonly referred to as COVID-19 has resulted in massive changes to everyday life around the world. California is no exception to the various states that have issued shelter-in-place orders and required “non-essential” businesses to cease operations.
Although intended to slow the spread of the highly infectious and potentially deadly virus, these measures have had profound impacts on employees. If the nature of your work hasn’t allowed you to work from home, you may have lost your job or received zero-hour schedules from your employer. If you have been working during this time, your employer may have taken advantage of the confusion to side-step important employment laws that apply whether there’s a state of national emergency or not.
Haeggquist & Eck, LLP has assembled a team of attorneys to address the many employment-related issues facing employees in the wake of COVID-19 and the government’s measures to curb infection. Discover answers to your questions below, and reach out to us if you feel you need to hold an employer accountable for unlawful business practices during this time.
Resources for Employees Affected by the COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
- COVID-19 and the Workplace: What You Need to Know (General Resource Page)
- Employees Impacted by COVID-19: You May Be Entitled to Paid Sick Leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (“FFCRA”)
- What is expected of me while I am teleworking?
- Interplay Between FFCRA Paid Sick and Leave and Existing Leave Rights (e.g., FMLA)
- Can my employer treat me differently because I am over 65?
- Can my employer force me to take a leave during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Can my employer ask me about my disability or medical condition during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Essential Workers Are “Doing It For Themselves” As the Song Goes – Strikes Ratchet Up During COVID-19
- Can my employer treat me differently because I'm Asian or from another country during COVID-19?
- Can I lose my job if I have COVID-19?
- What do I do if my employer is forcing me to work and I don’t feel safe or comfortable?
- Can I be fired for refusing to work?
- What is an essential business? What if I provide services to an essential business? Can they force me to work?
- What is a “furlough”?
- If I have Coronavirus, what can my employer tell others about my condition?
- Impacted by COVID-19: Am I entitled to unemployment insurance?
- California's additional paid sick leave for essential food sector employees at large private employers
- What if an employee tests positive for COVID-19 – what does my employer have to do?
- Do I have to work If I have an underlying medical condition during COVID-19?
- Can my employer require me to take an antibody test?
- Sexual Harassment
- Pregnancy Disability Law
- Family Medicare Leave Act (FMLA)
- California Family Rights Act
- Misclassification of Employees
- Meals & Rest Breaks
- Hostile Work Environment
- Fair Labor Standards Act Wage Claims
- Fair Employment Housing Act
- Expense Reimbursement
- Equal Pay
- Accommodation for Disabilities
- Wages & Overtime Class Actions
- Shareholder Derivative Suits
- Securities Fraud
- Human Rights Trafficking
Free Case Evaluations
You Don't Pay Unless We Win
Top 100 National Trial Lawyer
Exclusively Represent Employees & Consumers