Meal and Rest Breaks Attorneys in San Diego
Are You Working Off the Clock or through Breaks?
If your employer is compelling you to miss meals, breaks, work off the clock, or overtime, does it all add up? If not, you may have a valid wage and hour dispute against your employer. The attorneys of Haeggquist & Eck, LLP, represent clients in class action wage and hour disputes.
We will listen to you describe your situation and let you know whether or not we may be able to help. It costs you nothing to learn if you have a case. If you are a non-exempt employee and work more 40 hours a week, your employer is required to pay you time-and-a-half for any overtime hours you work. You must also receive paid meal breaks and rest periods and your employer must properly record your working hours and breaks.
Our Experience Helping Clients Like You
The meal and rest breaks attorneys in San Diego at Haeggquist & Eck, LLP represent employees in class action wage and hour disputes involving:
- Missed meal breaks
- Failure to pay overtime
- Improper timekeeping
- Tip pool violations or reduction in wages for employees who receive gratuities
- Misclassification of nonexempt (hourly) employees as exempt (salaried) employees
- Misclassification of employees as contract workers
- Failure to reimburse employees for expenses for tools, uniforms and other expenses
Your Rights as an Employee
Some employers try to squeeze more work out of employees without paying them properly in order to cut costs. Other employers may simply be unaware of their obligations. This can easily happen when a small business grows rapidly. In either case, employees have a right to pursue a claim against the employer.
- Accommodation for Disabilities
- California Family Rights Act
- Equal Pay
- Expense Reimbursement
- Fair Employment Housing Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act Wage Claims
- Family Medicare Leave Act (FMLA)
- Hostile Work Environment
- Meals & Rest Breaks
- Misclassification of Employees
- Pregnancy Disability Law
- Sexual Harassment
- Unpaid Wages & Overtime
- Wrongful Termination
Free Case Evaluations
You Don't Pay Unless We Win
Top 100 National Trial Lawyer
Exclusively Represent Employees & Consumers